FIND YOUR NEXT HOME by...
There are 1 blog entries for July 2009.
Monday, July 13th, 2009 at 6:20pm. 470 Views, 0 Comments.
Steamboat Springs Transit’s hybrid bus has proven so popular that drivers and passengers have just one complaint: There’s only one of them.
That’s set to change. The city of Steamboat Springs has been allocated grant funding that will allow it to purchase two additional diesel-electric hybrid buses to join the one it put into service in the winter.
“The vehicles have proven to be very popular both locally and nationally,” Transit Operations Manager Jonathan Flint said. “Passengers and the drivers have really enjoyed the vehicle.”
Flint said the city initially purchased just one hybrid bus to see whether it would truly achieve meaningful fuel savings.
“It sounded like a very good option, but we wanted to get a single bus to test it in our environment,”…
Log in, to view your saved searches and add to your favorite listings.
... become a Colorado Group Groupie
- View detailed property information
- Save searches and favorite homes
- Win a free entry into next year's Steamboat Triathlon
- Map individual property locations
- Receive an invitation to the annual CGR ski day
- Receive a free copy of the Steamboat Magazine
- Enjoy free Steamboat Roaster Coffee at our downtown office